Reasons why you should set up a blog for your business
Most companies these days realize the need to be online and understand the tremendous opportunities that can be gained from having a well-designed, optimized website and strong social media presence. However, in a world where there are now more web pages than there are people, it can often be difficult for firms to make their content stand out and gain the attention it deserves.
Industry experts suggest the world now produces a staggering 2.5 quintillion bytes of data per day (for reference, a quintillion has 18 zeros – a truly astonishing figure when you consider that’s the amount output per day). With so much information already floating around the internet, it’s perhaps little wonder your clients (potential and existing) have so many problems sifting through the sheer volume of information that’s currently available.
The need for updated content
To gain attention online these days needs strategy and planning – from both the perspective of users finding your content to then sticking around long enough to read it or watch it – and one of the most successful ways to do that is through a company blog.
Of course, established tools like Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and quality writing/images will help, but most web marketing specialists realize that Google (and other search engines) like nothing more than regularly updated content. Unfortunately, this can prove difficult when you’ve got a front-end corporate showcase site, as adding too many extra pages will only serve to confuse users – hence the reason a blog can prove so successful.
Tips for blogging
As a rule, you should keep your blog site separate (but linked) from your main pages – adding a simple ‘blog’ link to your main navigation will work well. Other tips for a successful company blog site include:
- Add content that doesn’t particularly ‘fit’ with your main site but is still valuable or informative
- Write about what you know (this should be obvious)
- You should blog regularly – even while on the road – so make sure devices are charged regularly and protected from damage by power surge components like those available from https://baypower.com/westinghouse/circuit-breakers.
- The last thing you want is failing or damaged equipment – particularly if you’re blogging from a sales conference or after an important meeting, etc.
- Use your blog to detail company processes or things you might not normally be able to discuss on your main site
- Try offering interesting ‘how-to’ articles as these can be a very successful way to generate attention and drive traffic online
- Ensure you include a link to your main corporate site
- Remember to focus on your marketing – while a blog shouldn’t be an upfront sales pitch, there’s no harm detailing your experience or knowledge on a subject in a subtle and informative way
How blogging can add value to your existing site
You want your main website to shout your company message, services, and products in the most professional and visually appealing way. Likely, you will have spent hours poring over your site’s images, text, and navigational structure to the point that there probably isn’t much room left for adding additional content. Using a blog site, you can add content that will subtly promote your skills (and could end up found in search engines) without detracting from your main professional, formal pages.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!