Pay per click (PPC) ads can be incredibly valuable, allowing you to generate a reliable stream of traffic to any webpage you choose (and hopefully increasing your sales in the process). But there’s no guarantee you’re going to see a positive ROI by yourself.
Outsourcing your Amazon PPC ad management, Google PPC ad management, or PPC ads with other platforms could be the best move to boost your profitability and save you time. But when is this the right move?
The Benefits of PPC Outsourcing
There are several benefits of outsourcing your PPC ads, including:
- Time savings. The most important and most obvious benefit is that you save time. Even if you’re only running a small campaign for a business with limited influence, you’re still going to have to spend several hours per week observing your ad performance, making changes to your campaign, and learning new things so that you can improve. If you can spend this time doing more important things, you should have an expert covering these responsibilities for you.
- A higher ROI. While outsourcing isn’t going to guarantee you a higher ROI (return on investment), most people who begin outsourcing to an experienced expert do tend to see better results than they can get on their own. You might be seeing a positive ROI with your internal management already, but a fresh set of eyes and a trained team of experts will be able to pump those numbers up.
- External accountability. Don’t neglect the value of having an external party who is accountable for your success. Most PPC ad agencies have a vested interest in keeping your business, which means their biggest priority is keeping you happy. If something goes wrong with the campaign, if you’re not getting the results you want, or if you’re dissatisfied with communication, they’re going to work hard to make up the difference. That could mean offering some pro bono services or overhauling the way they handle your campaign.
- Access to a team of experts. If you’re managing a campaign on your own or if you have a single person responsible for this task, you should know that working with an agency usually put you in contact with an entire team of experts, each member of which has different specialties and different perspectives. This combination of influence to make your campaigns more creative and more effective.
When Is PPC Outsourcing the Right Move for Your Business?
So when is PPC outsourcing the right move for your business? For starters, you have to be interested in PPC ads, but since PPC advertising is so valuable to most businesses, this isn’t much of an issue.
In addition to that, PPC outsourcing could be the right move if:
- You don’t have the time to do it yourself. If you’re a business owner, or if you’re the head of the marketing department at this organization, you probably have a lot of responsibilities and not a lot of time. You don’t want to be bogged down with an ad campaign that’s confusing and difficult to manage. If you don’t have much time to spare, simply outsource this need and forget about it.
- You have a talent shortage. It’s not especially difficult to gain a fundamental understanding of how PPC ads work, becoming a master in this craft can take a lifetime. If you’re struggling to find talented, experienced candidates who can join your team and boost your PPC results, outsourcing could be a valuable shortcut for you.
- You have many platforms or campaigns to manage. The more complex your campaigns are and the more channels you use to promote your business, the greater your outsourcing needs will be. As you add more platforms and channels to your advertising portfolio, the number and complexity of your responsibilities are going to grow. Don’t hesitate to reach out for additional support.
- You’ve tried and failed on your own. Be honest. Have you already tried your best at a PPC campaign, only to be disappointed by the final results? If so, don’t feel too bad; it’s difficult to manage a successful campaign with limited experience. But if you’re in this position, don’t double down on this mistake. Seek a partner who can truly help you.
- You have a reliable partner in mind. Not every PPC agency is worth working with. Make sure you have a reliable partner in mind before moving forward with your outsourcing plans.
There are many good reasons to hire a PPC advertising agency to help you manage your ad campaigns and grow your business. As long as you find a partner who’s truly invested in your success and who has the experts who can hope you see a better ROI, you’ll end up in a better position.